Friday, December 19, 2008

Do you want Steak with your cake?


So this year Jesse turned 34! I always want to make Jesse's birthday special no matter the age, but sometimes it's hit and miss. I kept trying to get Jesse to go somewhere and go skiing, but he was fighting a horrible case of the flu off and on during the whole month and so this year he wanted me to cook either sun chip chicken or steak. I decided to give him both, although I can guarantee he's never had a steak that tasted so sweet! :) Love you honey! I'll soon be joining you in the 30's crowd! ha ha.



Jesse's so animated! I made him close his eyes so that I could surprise him. (Thanks for humoring me Jesse.) :) You know how sometimes when you see a cake your mouth almost starts watering you can't wait to dig into it? Even though the cake was decent it felt like I was cutting into a raw steak and that's not too appetizing. ha ha.




You've accomplished many things in your 34 years of life Jesse. It's been fun watching you fullfill the role as a father. You're an amazing father and husband. I love you.



4 comments:

Cami said...

So fun girl! I do think you are right about the raw steak cake not looking so appetizing! Your family is just beautiful and it looks like they had a blast creating their gingerbread houses!!! Merry Christmas...love ya!

Connie said...

That is a very cute cake idea. Ben hates cake but I might have fooled him with that one. HAPPY BIRTHDAY again Jesse!

Beth said...

That steak cake looks sooo real. I bet it was a little hard to eat because of the confussion with your senses. Happy b-day Jes. Luv you.

Ben said...

Awesome cake Joyce and happy birthday Jesse. I can't wait to see both of you and the kids in a couple weeks. All A B O A R D!