Sunday, January 23, 2011

Energized!!


This past weekend I was able to attend a Shelf Reliance Conference (our first one) in Albuquerque.  About a week ago I got a call from the Vice President of Direct Sales, Jason Norton and he asked if I would take a few minutes and talk to everyone about why I decided to become a consultant.  I accepted and was a bit nervous.  So, I asked my mom to come along with me for moral support. :)

  The conference was educational and I felt like I walked away motivated even more than I already was about this company and the future it has.  I feel like one of the people who bought stock in Coca Cola or Microsoft when they first started and who knew how big that stock would later be worth!  

Shelf Reliance has only been doing the "Direct Party Sales" approach since April, 2010.  So, the field is ready to reap and it's a HUGE FIELD!  Jason did a little research on New Mexico and in 2008 the population was 2,059,179.  (I'm sure that number is bigger now). There are 700,000 households so for the amount of consultants we have now in New Mexico we would each have to approach 23,000 people in order to get the word out!  That is so amazing to me!  It just shows you how big your potential will be!

 The beauty of this is that I don't have to keep my business a regional thing.  I can go National and soon once Shelf Reliance is in all 50 states (they need Delaware) then they are going to Canada and soon other countries as well.  The world is your market!  So, the potential is amazing and I'm very thrilled to be apart of this.  Please...join my team and see how this will change your life!!   I have people all over the state asking for parties, but I can't drive 8 hours to get there, so I'm desperate for consultants.

Other things I learned from this Conference...
1.  Food is a NEED! (unlike other products, food is something we constantly consume, thus people will be back for more.)
2.  Shelf Reliance has the best compensation plan.
3.  It's a Family Business.  We have NO monthly sales quotas!!  You can put in 20 hrs a week or 2 hours a month.  They know that you have life outside of your business! :)  They believe in educating people on how to become self-reliant.
4.  Untapped World Market.  Like I mentioned earlier, this is going to be something that will be in most people's household within the next 5-10 yrs.
5.  Perfect Timing.  With the economy the way it is, people are looking for ways to save, make money and become better prepared. Outside of that, they're looking for ways to be healthy and efficient with their time.

How often does a ground floor opportunity
like this come along?

I'm so mad at myself for not taking a picture of us, but after the conference Jason took a few of us out to dinner and we discussed some exciting new things that are coming out this year, but I'm sworn to secrecy. :)  I will tell you that we New Mexicans are really pushing that Shelf Reliance carry GREEN CHILI!   Wouldn't that be awesome to have freeze dried Green Chili?  We had such a great time chatting with everyone.  My mind has seriously not stopped thinking about what we discussed. 

I have to say thanks to my sweet husband for watching the kids while I played.  Cameron kept asking me Sat. morning, "Mom, are you leaving yet?  Why haven't you left yet?"  because he knows that when I leave it's FUN TIME with dad!  So, I'm happy that they don't miss me too much. :)





3 comments:

Connie said...

I'm glad you are so excited about it Joyce. You are great at it. I meant to tell about when I took Cameron and Claire with me to Walmart when we were there. We were going up and down the food isles and suddenly Cameron got this look of awe on his face and said, "Look at all this food storage! My mom sure is getting the word out!" It was so cute and made me chuckle. Nice job- hope you inspire millions. :)

Beth said...

Wow, to be one of the speakers at the conference was a great honor to you Joyce and your success! I need to start thinking about our food storage and what we need to order.

Moma said...

Way to go Joyce. I love to see your enthusiasm. Shelf Reliance is a very quality product to share. You have some exciting things ahead. GO GIRL!!