Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Trip to Mom's

My Mother lives in Edgewood, NM and it always seems like I never get up there to see her and Larry very much so since Bryce didn't have school last Friday I thought I'd take advantage of the time off and make the trip. My mom is a pretty fun Gal and so we were going to go shopping for winter clothes for the kids in Albuq., but didn't end up going. Instead, we decided that we'd take a joy ride up to the top of Sandia Peak which is near my mothers house. I haven't been up there since I was 12 with my Grandpa Hewett. Jesse & I always mean to go on our way home, but are either just too tired or are just ready to get home. Anyways, here are some pictures of the trip.

My plan was to stick all of the kids in the guest bedroom because it doesn't get the morning sun like the other room. I was hoping they would sleep in, but to no avail they were up early and ready for Grandma to make them eggs, potatoes and bacon like she promised the night before. :)







On top of Sandia Peak.



The boys are silly aren't they. I said "smile" and this is what they do. :)

Here's Bryce again either saluting or acting like he's looking afar. :) I know, it looks like he's on the edge of the cliff, but he's not.

I love watching the kids when they're in curiosity mode.

Larry caught three of these huge grasshoppers for the kids so that Bryce can put them into his bug collection. Yuck.
This is at the CHUCKIN PUNKIN contest in Estancia, NM They shot those pumpkins out like thousands of yards. Very cool, but very noisy. It was loud like a canon. Well, I can say that I've been there, done that.

I started the trip Thursday with a sore throat, but on the way home Sat. it had turned into strep. I tried everything from gargling salt water, sipping on Emergen C and I even tried eating those little salt & lime packets (that felt like torture). I didn't get much sleep because I was feeling so bad so by about the last 100 miles I was having a hard time staying with it. I was calling people on my contact list just to keep myself awake. It's now Wed. and I'm still sick, but hoping the antibiotics will kick in soon.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I'm sorry that you were sick the whole trip. For being sick you were sure able to do a lot of stuff. The kids looked like they were having fun. The Chuckin Punkin contest looks cool, I thing I saw something like that on the travel channel. Hope you feel better soon.

Partridge Family said...

I love your family!! It's been years since I have seen your Mom. Make sure you tell her I said Hi next time you talk to her. Your kids are adorable. I can't believe you have 4!!

Connie said...

Looks like a fun trip, except for the getting sick part! You got some really cute pics of the kids! Are you just loving your new camera. Isn't it fun to take pictures with a good camera? It's making me so mad that Mine is having problems. Grrrrrrr. But anyway, I love that picture of Cameron and Claire. Very cute!

Moma said...

What fun memories the kids will have of Grandma Evelyn. Looks like you all had fun.