Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Means for Speed!

So as you know already Jesse and Abe's Hobby is racing their Lexus from time to time. This past weekend was a once a year "True Car Shoot Out" challenge over at the Akela Flats raceway near Deming. The winner of each class would win $300 (which would've paided for a part on Jesse's car. ha ha). Jesse entered the 6 cylinder "wild" race and he broke a new best time of 11.4 seconds and 122 mph for a quarter mile distance. THAT'S MOVIN! Jesse ended up getting second place (could've won first, but had a gear malfunction). Jesse was wayyy disappointed about that because he knew he would've won. Plus, it would have made staying up all night worth it a little bit more. :) Abe ended up with 3rd. I was very impressed with their cars performances and driving skills. There were a few cars that sort of lost control and fish-tailed out into the weeds. Anyways, it was all very exciting to hear the roar of the engines racing down the track. We're looking forward to the next one.

5 comments:

Cody said...

That was a fun day. Jesse almost had it... Darn it! P.S. The first youtube video is just Jesse's racing, but not Abe.

Joyce Sowards said...

It's fixed now.

Beth said...

I saw the video and, wow that was fast. I'm glad Jesse got a car that her can turbo around like that. When I first got my Neon in High school he tried to turbo it on the freeway, and well, he was disappointed in it's pick up time.

Jules said...

Wow! I wish I could have been there!!! Sounds FUN! I want to drive your car!!! lol

HeAtHeR* said...

I bet your kids love it that Jesse is a race car driver! I know Evan would LOVE to see that...one day, right? hope you are enjoying the holidays!