Thursday, February 4, 2010

For memories sake...

I know it's been a whole month since Christmas, but I was having internet problems that wouldn't allow me to post at the time so now I'm going to quickly post about Christmas happenings for memories sake! Let's see....Christmas was great because this year my whole family including myself were all healthy!! It's seems like every year since I've been married I've either had some serious sore throat or flu which puts a damper on my mood and eagerness to bake or do all of the other things that put you into the Christmas spirit. I'd like to attribute my healthiness to focusing hard about not stressing on having everything perfect (thus, that is why you didn't receive a Christmas card from us this year or a gift for that matter! ha ha) and also anytime I got that tickle in my throat I would sip on hot water with honey or pure maple syrup with lemon juice several times a day along with a zinc losenge. The zinc pretty much ruined my taste buds, but I'd rather not be sick plus, it helped me not eat so much of the "goodies." :)

Here's just a sampling of some of the fun stuff we did...
Our little Gingerbread Family; you can guess who's who.

ummm, pickles and Gingerbread. Notice the moving boxes in the background. Sometimes you just have to keep on with the traditions regardless of what's happening in your life...like moving.


These are just some pictures I took of the girls. Claire insisted on wearing her favorite pj's because she wanted to be like Wendy in Peter Pan. She's such a cutie.

Kids playing with counsin Drew at Grandma's house.

I love these things. The kids needed some padding since our house is all tile except for the bedrooms. They get pretty creative with them.

There were some other service projects we did this year which sprouted from talks we were asked to give at church from the talk given by President Thomas S. Monson (he's the prophet of our church). I just so happen to have come across the video link of his talk so I thought I'd share it with you. The words which has stayed with me the most are when he talks about being "in the thick of thin things." I hope to keep that in my mind during this life.

Here's the link to his talk...

Have I Done Any Good in the World Today?






2 comments:

John and Melodie said...

Sounds like a fun Christmas. Thx for sharing.

Beth said...

It's good to post for memories sake. Which reminds me, I still need to post about my trip down there after Christmas. I like that you still made your gingerbread men even though you were moving and totally stressed, it's good to keep some things consistant especially for the kids. Love ya lots.