Monday, May 10, 2010

Claire turns 4!

Claire's birthday was on Wed, but I had to wait to post until today because we celebrated with the family yesterday. Every night last week there were baseball games and then Claire got sick with a fever all day Sat. She pulled through just in time for have a nice celebration. On her birthday night Jesse had a softball game and so we brought cupcakes along with us and the whole baseball team sang to her. She looked a bit shy by it, but I could tell she was loving it. All this week Claire has been telling complete strangers that "it's my bir-day!" While at sonic it earned her a free kids toy, at the bank she got a sucker and so I guess she figured that she would continue to get free stuff if she told everyone. :)

Connie the dress you bought the girls just looks darling on them. I took bella's off so she wouldn't slime it with beans and cake. :)

Jesse designed and helped frost the cake for me since it was mothers day. I think the cake turned out really cute, and most important it was darn tasty!

Claire is the sweetest girl I know! She's very honest and so when she tells me out of the blue, "Mommy, I love you," I know she means it. She's also become a little social butterfly. I just love seeing her make fast friends while at the baseball games. Before her birthday I got out the barbies that I used to play with throughout my childhood to see if she was ready for her own. They kept her mind busy for a few hours and so that's what we bought for her this year along with a doll house. I'm actually looking forward to playing along with her because I still enjoy playing with barbies I have to admit. Having a doll house like this would've been awesome as a kid! :)

Here's a short video of Claire (or should I say Wyatt) blowing out her candles. I wonder if she'll still get her wish? ha ha. It was a little windy otherwise we would've let her blow them out again. :) After cake all of us paired up and played a few games of Croquet. The first game Greg & Karen showed there awesomeness at the game, but the second game Jesse & I dominated! Odoyal rules!!! I think croquet is going to be our game of choice... until the mosquitoes come.


3 comments:

Beth said...

Happy birthday sweet Claire! Cute cake for a cute girl. Joyce, when I come to visit I will have to play barbies with you and Claire.

Moma said...

This was one of those beautiful evenings where it was so fun just to be out. We got out the croquet set that Jesse bought a couple of years ago and had an absolute blast. One reason I had so much fun is because When I had the black ball (black beauty the 2nd) I was so great at it. When I got the yellow, well that was another story.

Connie said...

Happy birthday Claire! If anyone wants to play Barbies, Anna is dying for someone to play with. We all have Barbie burnout.