Friday, May 7, 2010

Tagging along for the ride

Every year Jesse has to do a certain number of hours of continual learning for Optometry and so this year we decided to follow him up to Albuquerque and enjoy the weekend with him. He left the day before us at 4am and sat listening to lectures until 5pm. He said it was torture trying to stay awake through it all. Basically his mandatory classes were Friday-Sunday from 8-5pm. I came up Sat. and we met my Mom & Larry at our favorite restaurant Buca's, hit the mall and then hit the hay! We spent the next day at my mom's and the kids were so looking forward to going exploring around her house but it was SNOWING! She lives on the other side of Sandia Peak and so the weather is always 10 degrees cooler. Well, needless to say we spent that day indoors but it's ok because my mom decided to clean out her closet and I ended up leaving with a big black sack FULL of clothes! It's like having a new wardrobe. My sisters will be so jealous, but you snooze you loose! haha It was nice seeing my mom so close to Mother's Day. We're getting ready to go on a trip to NYC in a month and so I'm looking forward towards spending some "quality" time with 2 of my sisters and my niece. There isn't going to be a dull moment.
After my mom's the kids went swimming and had a good time playing some foosball games with their dad. Bella insisted on grabbing the ball any time Jesse was about to score so you can guess who won. :)





3 comments:

John and Melodie said...

Sounds like fun. Poor Jes I can see him falling asleep in one of those meetings lol.

Beth said...

Even if I weren't tired I think I would fall asleep during that meeting. I'm proud of Jesse for at least appearing to pay attention and stay awake! I'm glad you guys got to go up there and make a fun weekend out it.

Moma said...

That is nice that you were able to follow Jesse to Albuquerque. SOunds like a good time. How nice to have your mother so close.