Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Reliving the good 'ol days

This is old news, but I wanted to highlight Jesse's Mayfield Alumni Football game that he played in a few weeks ago. Guys from last years graduating class and on back joined in to play against Las Cruces High. It was a close exciting game. Jesse got word of the game a few months shy of everyone else and probably would've liked having the extra practice time with the team to get to know the plays and what not, but I thought he did well considering. He'll probably do it again next year. He was able to punt and run the ball. Here's a few game ESPN highlights. (Exceptional. Sowards. Play.NOT!)

I don't know much about football, but Jesse said that this is legal so that the other team doesn't get the ball. It was a close game. We ended up getting another touchdown to barely win! Looking forward to next years rematch.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I wish i would have been there for that game. Not only for a good laugh but to relive the memories of watching Jesse play.

Moma said...

Yeah for many years, Jesse was our best entertainment watching him play football, basketball and baseball. Fun memories, and the alumni football game was fun and a beautiful evening. GooooooooJesse!!

Connie said...

Joyce you realize you are wearing the wrong color right???? That's ok, I would have been wearing blue and red too... but cheering for Jesse of course. Haha. Sounds fun!

Joyce Sowards said...

Ha! I know, I wanted to just hide when I realized who we were playing. It was one of those days were I got busy doing something and just grabbed the kids and we took off to the game. Next year I'll try to be more of a Trojan. :)