Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Getting out of dodge

Last Friday Jesse & I were on our last nerve. We were both fighting bad head colds, but on the downhill slide of the sickness. Jesse was still too contagious to go back to work and the kids were driving us crazy because it was way too windy to go outside. 50 mph winds. So, we decided that we should get out of town and go to Mesa, AZ for some R&R. Plus, since it was Easter weekend we decided to go to the Easter Pageant held every year at the Mesa Temple. The kids and I had never been so we I was excited to see the production.

So, after finishing folding the 10 loads of laundry that I was in the middle of doing when we decided to go on this trip, we finally made it "out like a herd of turtles." The first few hours on the trip we were doubting our "adventurous" actions because we just weren't feeling good, we were tired, etc., but after a good nights rest and a laid back day we were glad we went. We spent most of the day just swimming and shopping at the outlets. The Pageant was definitely the highlight of the trip. Thousands of people were there. I tried to capture the awesome production it all was, but pictures taken at night can only do so much. We spotted some Roman soldiers walking around the Temple Visitors Center and struck a pose with them. These guys were HUGE! They had to be at least 6'3". You can tell that Bryson and Cameron feel tough with their swords. Silly boys.

I forgot how BEAUTIFUL the Mesa, AZ Temple is.

Here are some pics from the Easter Pageant.

The children were very quiet for these parts of the play.

Like I said earlier, all very well done, beautiful music and performances by all. One thing that we believe that wasn't mentioned (probably due to the huge task it would've been to change the stage scenery) was that Jesus also visited the descendants of Lehi in the Americas after his Resurrection written about in the Book of Mormon. Because Heavenly Father loves ALL his children everyone was blessed by being able to see Jesus Christ and learn his gospel. Here's a video I found on Utube depicting Jesus visiting the America's after his Resurrection. Just make sure to pause my mood music on the right of my blog before watching this video.

5 comments:

Connie said...

HEY! We thought about going this year too! Next time let's coordinate! I love the Easter Pageant but have only taken the kids once. Plus Mesa that time of year is so beautiful! Glad you got to go!

John and Melodie said...

How fun. Glad you guys got to get away from it all.

Beth said...

I remember going to that pageant as a youth, but haven't been since. I'm glad you guys go to get away and relax.

Sariahfied said...

I got the chills just from looking at these pictures!! So neat that you got to go on a little getaway!

Moma said...

Beautiful pictures for night time. What a nice way to spend Easter. I am glad you got to get away for some R & R.