Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mountain Get-a-way!

We spent Valentines Day and a couple days after in Ruidoso and the weather was wonderful!  The boys and I got to spend the day up on the slopes while Karen and Cody watched the girls for me. THANK YOU!! 

At one point Jesse and I were heading down the mountain by ourselves and after he did a few tricks on his snowboard and making it look so easy, we realized we had the whole mountain to ourselves!  It was a school day that day and so things were quiet.  Very nice.  The past three times I've hit the mountain I've tried snowboarding, but this time I wanted to get back to skiing and forgot how much I LOVE skiing!  My confidence was up and so I hit a blue trail (which actually should've been a black)  I was all by myself and wondering how I was going to get done this trail alive!  So, I slid sideways as much as possible and then a more experienced skiier stopped and talked me into going for it.  So, I did and survived luckily.  Needless to say it was last time I went down that one. :)

Bryce did really well on the snowboard for his second time.  I think all of the skateboarding has helped him sooo much!  At the end of the day he tried a ramp and I'm so mad at myself for not taking a picture, but Jesse and I were really proud of the kids for trying so hard.  At the end of the day I've concluded that skiing is much gentler on the body than skateboarding. :)
One afternoon we took a stroll down to the lake and were suprised to find it frozen solid! Jesse stepped out onto the ice and I was ready to take a picture of his tanking into the water, but after realizing how solid it was we were all on the ice playing around.  


Abe's checking to see just how deep the ice is.  I'm pretending to be an ice skater and not succeeding. ha!

2 comments:

Moma said...

The week in Ruidoso was really fun. Thanks everyone for coming up and spending time with us. The weather got really warm toward the end of the week and we enjoyed swimming more this time too. Unlike past years, we had two condos instead of just one.

Beth said...

Ruidoso was lots of fun. I wish we could have stayed longer.