Saturday, July 12, 2008

Reunited!

Hope everyone had a patriotic and happy 4th of July. Every year we make the trek to Artesia and spend the holiday with my side of the family and enjoy barbecuing and catching up with my sisters while the cousins and brother-n-laws hang out. There's always a GREAT fireworks display there and we sit very close to where the fireworks take off and so it's always exciting.

This year right before the fireworks my family and I attended my 10 year high school reunion picnic. I've always wondered what it would be like to attend my reunion. What I would say to childhood friends that I've lost touch with or have a history with. But, surprisingly you just pick up right were you left off! I of course was big and pregnant which I thought might happen when I started having kids every two years, but that's o.k. It was an excuse to not have to worry about being fit and skinny. :) Plus, it was a nice ice breaker. I was proud of my family and felt like I had accomplished something special. In school I hung out with 3 other girls and we called ourselves J.A.C.K because our first names were Joyce, Amy, Cami and Kristy. I know, we're silly, but we had so much fun together! Anyways, it was wonderful seeing them. When we saw each other we just hugged and laughed at how exciting it was seeing each other. The next night we had a nice adults only steak dinner at the Country Club with some of our favorite teachers who gave great and humorous speeches.

I unfortunately forgot my memory card to my bran new camera that Jesse bought me for my b-day so I was so bummed that I couldn't capture the moment. We stayed at my sister Jeanine's house and my other sister June and her boys came down and we stayed up so late talking and I just couldn't get comfortable being so pregnant. I didn't get much sleep (which you can probably tell by the picture that I look exhausted). It was worth it though. Great weekend!

No comments: