Friday, July 25, 2008

The Wait is Over!

Bella (Meaning: Beautiful)


So our little bundle of joy has arrived! This pregnancy has had it's ups and downs like all of them, but since I've never actually gone to my due date this pregnancy felt like it was never going to end when I was 3 days over my d-date and no baby. (I know that's nothing compared to most of you who have gone as far as 2 weeks over!) Bella arrived Wed. morning bright and early at 5:46 a.m. I started having labor pains around midnight on Tuesday and decided at 1:30 am that these contractions were the real thing and that we needed to get to the hospital. So, I woke up Jesse from a deep sleep, got his mom Karen to come over and stay with the kids and off we were. Things progressed rather quickly as soon as we got into the labor room. I felt like Jesse and I were working as a team through the contractions because he was there through each one pushing on a certain spot on my back or rubbing it to help with the pressure and pain of labor and I really appreciated him for that. Anyhow, this story will be short because the labor was short! :) I'm so thankful for that and am thankful that Bella came out healthy and free from any problems that could've occured. When she arrived I can't explain the relief and pure happiness I felt having her born! She was 7 pounds 4 ounces and 19 3/4 inches long. My smallest baby. She's just a beautiful little girl and so far she is a very content little baby who has a nice soft cry.

It's always neat to see the kids reaction when they see a newborn brother/sister for the first time. Bryson and Cameron were so intrigued by her umbilical cord and her tiny hands and toes. They looked proud when they held her in their arms. While Cameron was holding her today I caught him singing twinkle little star to her which just melted my heart. Claire just adores her as well. She's always pointing to Bella and says, "be-bee sizzter..mine!" She's always bringing me blankets because she insists that her "sizzter" is cold. She's so cute with her. So, we're all very excited about Bella coming into our lives and want to thank everyone for their prayers!

10 comments:

Ben said...

Congratulations! She is BEAUTIFUL! What a sweet addition to your beautiful family. Way to go Joyce.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie. Times like this make us all very grateful that Jes's genes are recessive. I'll be honest, I don't know how you were able to wake Jesse from a 'deep sleep'. I never figured out that one. Miss you guys,

Mark Palenske

Moma said...

She is such a little miracle. She does look like bryce a little but a girly version. What a blessing to have it all over with and for things to turn out so well. Thank God for all our blessings.

Beth said...

Congrates! She is so adorable! I miss having ababy that tiny, and delicate. Great job Joyce and Jesse!!

Connie said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. The girls got so excited looking at them- they can hardly wait until ours gets here! So glad everything turned out well!

Abbie said...

Congratulations. She fits her name perfectly-she is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Joyce and Jesse,
Love you guys! She is gorgeous and I love the name.
Love,
June

Cody said...

She really is a beautiful little baby girl. You did good Joyce!

Uncanny imaginations while swirling my tea.... said...

Wow, beautiful little girl Joyce, you guys are a very darling family. So good to see your face again. (: Veronica

Clarissa said...

Congratulations on #4!

Wow! It's been a long time. I found your blog in a round about way and was so excited!!!

hope to keep in touch - Clarissa Bluth Norton