Monday, September 22, 2008

Go Speed Racer!!

So, let me tell you a little about Jesse's newest addition to his Lexus car family. This car is a Lexus SC 300. But, it's no ordinary SC 300; this car has one rocket packed engine. It has 650 horse power on low boost (Turbo turned down low) and when it's juiced up with high boost, up to 800 HP. Just to give you an idea how fast that is just think of the new corvette and it has 650 HP. Yeah, I know. I got to ride in it for the first time yesterday and I must say that I had an interesting experience. I'm sort of a speedster myself, but I must say that I nearly had tears in my eyes I was so scared!! Jesse put it into 2nd gear and we took off quickly, and I'm like o.k. cool this is fast and then he shifts and then I hear the booster and the tires spinning, then I'm looking for the OH S*!#$ bar but is wasn't there! We got up to 110 mph in like 5 seconds. I seriously thought this car was going to sprout wings and fly! Or I felt like we were blasting off into a rocket! When Cody (my sister-n-law) took a ride her words were, "It made my toes tingle!" Well, let's just say that I was having that tired, groggy feeling you get on Sunday afternoons, but after that ride I felt wide awake! Jesse's going to have a lot of fun with this car at the El Paso drag way. Thankfully he's a great driver and that it has a roll bar inside. I know, crazy!


Here's a look at the engine. I know nothing about engines, but I do know that this engine looks fast!

5 comments:

John and Melodie said...

nice song there at the end. wasn't expecting that. but nice car though

Joyce Sowards said...

I want to apologize to everyone who may have listened to the speed racer song earlier. I had no idea that it was a bit crazy at the end. I downloaded the original version and it's clean! SORRY!

joyce

Partridge Family said...

Joyce-

I love that you have a blog. I can't believe Jesse races; that would freak me out.

Your little family is adorable and you look dang good. It's hard to believe you have 4 little kiddos!
Shoot me an email so I can get your address and I will set you up so you can view our blog.

-Your ole roommate Sara Partridge (Varney)

Beth said...

I don't know anything about engines either, but that one looks fast and turbo charged! Sweet ride!

Moma said...

I also got a ride in the race car and I actually was the first of the girls. I was like stuck to be back of the seat and then it kicked into the turbo mode and all I can say is I couldn't believe the sensation. I'll have to admit that it was a little scarry but Jesse didn't go much over 70 but it went from 0 to 70 so quickly. Bad gas milage is suspect.