Thursday, September 25, 2008

Welcome First day of Fall!


So last Monday for FHE we decided that we would make caramel apples to celebrate the first day of Fall, which I think is my most favorite part of the year. I love how the air feels light and crisp. We had a good time, didn't make as much of a big mess as I thought we would and I satisfied my craving for something sweet!

First we dipped the apples in caramel and then rolled them in honey roasted peanuts. Cooled them, and then as if that wasn't enough we dipped them in chocolate. YUMMY! My mind was just racing that night thinking about what other flavors we could dip them in. I suppose I have a few months to try some out. :)


OUR WORK IS DONE, TIME TO INDULGE!


PURE SATISFACTION!


DOES THAT JUST MAKE YOUR MOUTH WATER?



UH-OH!



WHO DOES CLAIRE'S FUNNY FACE REMIND YOU OF?? HA HA SHE'S SO ANIMATED!

7 comments:

Partridge Family said...

Is that a picture of your flat and skinny stomach? How in the world do you do that? You just had a baby!! People like you make people like me envious :)

Partridge Family said...

Is that a picture of your flat and skinny stomach? How in the world do you do that? You just had a baby!! People like you make people like me envious :)

Moma said...

Joyce where was I when you made the apples. They were beautiful and so yummy looking. Cameron sure did like it. That would be an awesome treat to take visiting teaching. Maybe I will try. PS that is a funny face that Clair is making but Jack Nicalus (sp) NOT!!

Joyce Sowards said...

ha ha, I know, I know. I can't possibly compare Jack and Claire to each other, but I couldn't help it! The mouth movement made me think of him in that scene. :) Silly hu.

Beth said...

Gosh I am really craving a carmel apple right now! Looks really good.

Connie said...

Looks like you are having a fun time with your new camera! You are going to love love love it!

Anonymous said...

Joyce,
That picture of Claire compared to Jack was so hilarious. I swear, I'm teary eyed right now from laughing. Love ya,
June