Sunday, June 14, 2009

Reunited with my boys!

10 days has been the longest amount of time that I've been away from my boys. I started out feeling a little weird and like I was forgetting something. Then, I submersed myself into my little 3 and 10 month old girls' world and had a good time with them. At the end of the week I think we were all feeling a little anxious and ready for the boys to come home. Thank goodness for daily blog updates from Connie and nightly phone calls. Claire's sleeping rhythm surprisingly went down the deep end. I don't know how many times she'd wake up in the middle of the night or wake up asking for her brothers. It was sweet, but sad for her. I met Connie in Albuq. after a nice visit with my mom and we stayed at a Hotel for a few days to enjoy one last who-rah together. When I saw the boys they came running towards me yelling "HEY MOM!" like a kid who's just had the best time ever and wants to tell his parents all about it. I couldn't help but get a little choked up when I saw them.


We swam all day Friday and then stayed at the park until it was dark. Then Saturday we took the kids to the awesome Explora museum. With 9 kids in toe we did get a lot of "are these all your kids?" and stares. For the most part they were all well behaved and not too much of a handful. ha! :) What am I saying!

So, thanks Connie & Ben (and Abe for driving them in the first place)for an exciting & fun "Sowards Cousin Camp." Let's do it again sometime! Ha ha. For anyone interested check out Ben & Connie's blog for a well told description of Sowards Cousin Camp; there's some funny stories there.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Wish we could get together more. SSCC is definitely a must (Sowards Summer Cousin Camp). I think we should trademark it. :)

Beth said...

I'm glad the boys had so much fun on their adventure, but were also ready to come home.

Moma said...

The Explora Museum is so facinating, how do they keep it clean and supplied for all the random children that come thru. I would like to go and try to duplicate some of the activities in Kids Kountry.