Friday, March 26, 2010

Bryson's Baptism

Bryce turned 8 this month and was baptized. He's now an official member of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We were blessed to have so many family members and friends travel near and far to witness this wonderful event and want to say "Thank you all" for that! You made the weekend very special for Bryce. Bryson's Uncle Ben flew in from his research trip from England and gave a wonderful talk about Baptism and his wife Connie played the piano while daughters Cindy & Sarah sang a musical number. Brought tears to my eyes. Thanks girls! Because of communication issues we weren't able to fill the font as soon as we had hoped and so Jesse had to baptize Bryce in water that was only a few feet deep. It worked though. :) I was able to speak on the Holy Ghost which was felt very strong at the Baptism. My sister -n- law Cody made a beautiful cake which I forgot to get a picture of. I'll try to post that soon once I get a picture from her. It was so cute and she put a lot of effort into it. Here are a few pics from the Baptism.

Bryce looks so handsome in his suit.



Our gift to Bryce, a new set of scriptures
My beautiful mom and Larry

The kids getting some energy out in the gym after eating cake.
Silly boys!
Connie, I stole this picture from your blog because it's just too cute!
My sweet mom and sister. So glad you came.


Bryce's night was topped off with a cousin sleepover. Cindy & Sarah played Bionicle's with Bryce for nearly 2 1/2 hours! They put on a "show" of all their creations. They were up til midnight talking and laughing. So much fun for him.
I've noticed a difference since Bryce has been baptized. I complemented him for obeying so well and trying to help his siblings obey as well and he just said, "Well, I'm just trying to be like Jesus and Heavenly Father." I tousle his hair, "that's why where here bryce. Great job!"






3 comments:

Connie said...

It was a wonderful weekend of cousin fun. Thanks Bryce for choosing to be baptized!

Moma said...

I also had a wonderful time with all the kids there strung out from Grandmother's house to Jesse's to ours and to the kid's Kountry. It was very fun for all. So special that Ben's whole family could come. The spirit was really strong, I enjoyed Ben's talk as well as Joyce's talks, it is so awesome to hear the tesitmonies of ones children.

John and Melodie said...

That sounds so fun. Congratulations Bryce for choosing to be baptized. We love you, and were thinking about you on your special day