Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cameron turns 4!


Cameron started off his birthday with the traditional breakfast in bed. (Claire isn't old enough for that yet.) It was his first time and he just loved it! Our extended family was out of town so we had a celebration with just us after we got home from church. Cameron requested my pot roast (my mom's secret recipe) and just had a nice celebration at home. I never thought we would get Cameron's party together because he and I kept changing the birthday plans, but luckily at the last minute we put together a fun party the next day at Peter Piper Pizza. Throw in a few kids, games and food and you can't go wrong right? Several of the kids didn't get to come, but it worked out for the best because it was crazy trying to keep up with everyone. Then later that afternoon he was surprised by a visit from his cousins Sara and Anna. Cameron is so happy to be four! He always mentions it when talking to his friends or strangers. I'm still waiting for him to consistently get himself dressed in the mornings like he promised he would do once he turned 4. I guess he still needs to be babied a little bit. :)

Bryce is turning 6 in a couple of weeks and has already planned what he wants to do which makes it nice for me. I'll post those happenings when I get them.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Caneron. So cute that he likes having breakfast in bed. Did you make the cake?

Joyce Sowards said...

yes I did. He wanted a spongebob cake so I did the best I could. :) I had premade the cake, but only had about an hour 1/2 to decorate it because of the crazy morning I had, but it got done.