Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman!

Our house is a hot zone! The week before last Bryce had the flu and missed a week of school. We ended up going to Urgent Care because he just seemed like he wasn't getting any better. It was packed there and we ended up spending 3 hours waiting and finally were seen at 11pm, and only spent 5 min. with the doctor. I'm thinking Bryce could've missed the doctor visit and would've been fine.

Cameron got sick Friday night, but he has had a high fever plus vomiting. The poor little guy. He seems to be turning around. I've been doing some " Dr. Quinn" home remedies that I wish I would've started earlier, but didn't see the symptoms coming. Within the first 24 hours I took my friend Janae's advice and put vaseline and smashed garlic on Cameron's feet wrapped in sarane wrap and socks. ( Yes dad, I know you've given me that advice before. I'll try to listen next time. ) :) He didn't like it at first, but then just fell asleep and forgot all about it. I've also been giving him some echanasha (sp) and some other herbs that I can't think of at the moment. Getting over the flu is just a waiting game.

Last night Claire got a high fever and it made her whole body looked like she was sunburned. She would spit out the Ibuprophen so I had to cool her down the old fashioned way with a wash cloth. So, needless to say Jesse and I haven't been getting too much sleep and are looking forward for this to be all be over!!

If any of you have any flu fighting tips I'm all ears! :) I just hope Cameron is well by the time his birthday arrives!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Hope they get better soon and hope you don't get it!

Beth said...

Poor kids. One gets it, they all seem to get it too. I hope you don't get it. Brig is sick right now, so I hope that Whitney doesn't get it.