Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Reading Escape!

So, I've added a new "favorite book" sidebar if you didn't notice. I know it's pathetic that I only have 3, but honestly I haven't read much of any books since I've had children unless it's a recipe book or Self-help/Decluttering book. Which come to think of it, I guess those books have been useful to me and could be to you too. Besides the scriptures I try to read books that are part of the LDS culture I guess you could say. Books like Millennial Messiah and The Holy Temple to name a few that I'm still working on. But, when I venture out I like to dip into a nice love story every now and then like I did with the Twilight Series (A must Read!!).

I'm eager to hear about any books that you all have read that you've just loved and maybe we can have some sort of blog book club! :) Warning: Don't expect me to finish as quickly as most avid readers like my husband Jesse. The guy is an animal when it comes to reading. He can't put a book down even if it costs him a nights worth of sleep. Sometimes I think he would've been a great Editor. Anyhow, can't wait to hear from everyone.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I've been reading the Twilight series while I nurse Whitney...it's even better the second time!!

Connie said...

I am reading "For One More Day" by Mitch Albom. I really loved his book "Tuesdays With Morry" and would read it again. He is a great author (an easy read) and his stories have great uplifting messages. I recently read "While I Was Gone" by Sue Miller because it was on Oprah's Book Club list and it wasn't that good. In fact, don't even pick it up. I don't think I will trust Oprah's taste anymore.

MasoV said...

you have a lovely family Joyce!! Love you guys.
Sam