Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Flying by!




Every year in January our town has the Mesilla Balloon Festival and the balloons take off in a field near our home usually flying right over our house. This year the wind was blowing the other direction, but we still got to see about 20 take off. Claire just screamed with excitement when another one popped up.

Maybe next year I'll drag myself and the family out to watch it up close. Although, waking up at 5 am in the freezing cold doesn't sound too exciting to me right now. :) It was neat to see some of the same balloons that were around when I was little in Artesia at our balloon rallies. We were on a balloon chasing team and I was able to ride a balloon with my Grandpa Hewett. I highly recommend it if you ever get the chance!

1 comment:

Connie said...

I agree! I was also a balloon chaser once and got to ride as well. Definitely an must. There's nothing else really like it.