Monday, April 7, 2008

Hit the ball...RUN, RUN, RUN!!

Bryce & Cameron are on the same T-ball team this year and it's a first for both of them. Last Friday was their first game and very enjoyable to watch. Bryce played 2nd base and surprised me by making two outs in a row! I particularly like the way he does this sort of superhero/prance on his tip toes back to the pitcher and then back to his spot. Cameron played left field and since he likes lots of action he was disappointed at the LACK of action he was getting out there. Several times he ran to me during the middle of the game over to right field where I was standing and said, "Mom, why is this taking so long. I'm ready to go." (Keep in mind that the game started at 8 pm which is just 30 min. shy of their bedtime.)The coaches frantically rushing him back to his spot. All the while we're trying to keep Claire out of the dugout by coaxing her with lifesaver gummies. She so thinks she can do just about whatever the boys are doing. When it was time to hit I guess my boys were expecting to hit another one or wait until their picture was taken because they would not run! I think they got the hint though. Cameron started to have tears well up in his eyes when he didn't run and was out at first. He's not used to that since at home he's never out. :) Anyhow, it'll be an interesting season. Hope you enjoy the video and sorry about the poor filming job/quality....I didn't have enough battery in my regular video camera and had to resort to my digital, but at least it captured the moment.





4 comments:

Janet Thwaits said...

They are all growing up so fast. Thanks for the update. I love catching up with all of you kids on your blogs. Love you, Aunt Jan

Beth said...

I'm glad I got to be at the game. The action was even better in person.

Connie said...

The girls have decided that they want to do spring softball instead of spring soccer. Should be exciting! I think it's good to expose them to all kinds of sports. Hey, congratulations o making it to the 100 mark today! Only a little over 3 months left!

Abbie said...

Looks like fun. Ethan starts soccer on Saturday, so that should be exciting.