Tuesday, April 22, 2008

MY BUCKET IS FULL!


Ok, I've procrastinated enough...I've got to tell all of you about the "Time Out for Women" weekend I had. There were 7 of us total that joined the hundreds of ladies who came to Albuq., NM to listen to the speakers and musicians. Some of my in-laws came, but I was really excited to spend a few days with my mom, uninterupted, just sitting there getting some inspiration from the speakers. We listened to people like Micheal Wilcox, Mary Ellen Edmunds (who was so hilarious and easy to relate to), Emily Watts and Sharon G. Larsen and some other great speakers that I can't remember right now. The singers were great too. I felt that the lyrics to their songs were truely inspired and will later post some of their music to my blog. The speakers are all authors so I highly suggest checking them out. I would've liked to have bought all of them, but since that's not possible I chose two books by Emily Watts called BEING THE MOM- 10 Coping Strategies I learned by Accident Because I Had Children on Purpose and also Take Two Chocolates and Call Me in the Morning- 12 Semi-Practical Solutions for the Really Busy Woman. She spoke of something all of us Mom's feel from time to time...MOTHER GUILT! Her stories of being a mother were so funny and I easily related to her life as I'm sure a lot of ladies could. But, one of the most powerful quotes I wrote down in my journal was from Wilcox when he said: "Children first see God through the lens of the mothers soul." That hit me like a ton of bricks. I wondered how my children see me and felt the mother guilt swarm over me. I try to be the best mom I can, but I know I'm not perfect. I also know that I can try harder and that's what I've been doing. I feel like I came home a different person. With a better resolve. I'm thankful that Jesse is such a wonderful husband and loves for me to be able to do things like this and to spend girl time with the women I admire and love. Thanks honey!!

2 comments:

Cody said...

I love hearing what everybody got from the conference. The Lord really does know what each of us personally needs. It was so nice to have you and your mom there. I really enjoyed talking to you, Karen and Robin about the conference. The next morning I thought... whoa that was a little deep, but I was grateful for it.

Moma said...

I enjoyed time out so much. It was a magical time to be together and have extra special people there too like me having my sister Tracy. I think more about my relationship with Jesus now more than ever. I was very inspired by the music and the sisterhood bonding we all did. Love Karen