Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bryce turned 7!

Bryce's first day of 1st grade

This year Bryce has changed so much physically. As you can see from the picture he lost his 2 front teeth (among others) and told me, "Mom, I'm so excited for my Big teeth to come in cuz then I'll be a member of the Beaver Club!"

First Grade seems to be treating him well. He's still in the Spanish Bilingual class and it's definitely been harder for him this year, but through our encouragement and his good teacher he's chugging along. When I asked Bryce what he wanted to do for his birthday it was to play his Xbox game Sonic the Hedgehog! I probably rolled my eyes at that, but then realized that hey, that sounds pretty easy! So, I suggested maybe having a tournament with prizes, etc. So, that's what we did. It was the easiest birthday party I've ever done for the most part. I did make the mistake of buying everyone their own spray can of silly string and let them all go at it in the backyard. (I'm still cleaning up that mess) They all had a good time.
The day before Bryce turned 7 he woke up and tried to talk me into letting him skip school and "enjoy his last day to be 6!" That didn't fly to well with me so I sent cupcakes with him to help him feel better.
If you spend any amount of time with Bryce you'll know that he's a boy who knows his facts! He frequently dives into a chapter book and like his father becomes invisible to the outside world while reading. I enjoy his calm personality and zest for life. Welcome to the Beaver Club Bryce!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Wow the beaver club sounds so cool. The birthday party sounds like a good idea, I'm glad it turned out to be easy(except for the silly string)!

Anonymous said...

Joyce,
I just noticed that Bryce was wearing a Hobbs Eagles shirt. That's hilarious!

Love ya,
June