Sunday, March 15, 2009

Watching a Wonder


Just wanted to give an update on Bella since she has completed a milestone. On Jan. 15th Bella started to sit unassisted. Last week she attemped to crawl, but it was more of a little dance on all fours. But, yesterday she gave it her all and with just a correction and guidance from me following behind her (for the hundreth time) she finally got the hang of it and started to crawl. It's always so wonderful to me to witness when the neurons connect in the brain and a child learns something new and big like crawling. I was excited and saddened at the same time. This is a new stage for her and a stride away from when she was a "baby." Plus, I'm going to have to really be on the ball and make sure all of the lego's, barbie shoes, etc are picked up around the house. Today Jesse and I kissed good-bye the days of being able to sit with her on our lap during Sunday school. She wanted on the floor to explore. We entertained her by tossing a pen a few feet away from her and then she's go after it. After about the 10th time she tired herself out and let us put her to sleep.

I have to say that Bella has a mature disposition to me. She enjoys watching me read to Claire, lead the music at church, our dog Bandit, or her brothers and sister in general while clapping her hands when sometime exciting happens. She loves food and gives me the most satisfied groan after eating her favorite banana slice or sweet potatoes. I can hardly hold her still enough to take off her clothes and get her in the bathtub she loves it so much!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm thankful that I followed the promptings I had to have her because it's hard to imagine life without Bella.

3 comments:

Connie said...

What a great picture of her all bundled!!!

Moma said...

There is something so special about Bella. She just studies everything and mentally participates in what's going on. And she is so cute. We love her

Beth said...

I can't imagine life with out Bella either...she's such a little character!