Monday, November 1, 2010

All in Character!





 

Look at that sunset!  It was a GORGEOUS night for trick or treating!

Oh, am I glad Halloween is over!  I get so excited thinking about the kids costumes (once they decide what they're going to be finally) and work my tail off trying to make them. 


This year Cameron's costume was probably the most time consumming, yet the most rewarding.  The kids got to dress up twice this year.  He was the Mad Hatter off of the new Alice in Wonderland movie with Johnny Depp.  I must say that the pictures don't capture the true coolness of his costume.  We had neon green contacts to put in, but Cameron chickened out and didn't want to wear them.  I don't blame him.  Anyhow, we had a good time with him. 


Bryce was Rocky Balboa. "YO ADREAN!" We borrowed Grandpa Greg's boxing gloves from the Title Days to complete the costume. I made his shorts and stuff, but the shorts only lasted while at the Trunk or Treat. Bryce's thunder thighs ripped them down the side on the way home. :) o-well.






Bryce just couldn't take the press anymore! :)

 
 
The second night Bryce dressed up in what he really wanted to be...Tony Hawk! Not much to do for that costume. :)







 Claire was a black cat.  She had a really good time with her costume.  She's such a cutie.  Bella was sick for most of Halloween week with an upset stomach and a fever.  She mostly just sat in our laps at the Trunk or Treat and she started feeling back to normal while trick or treating.  She was Alice.  I could not figure out the pattern for the life of me on her dress so I just repurposed her Cinderella dress.  It worked good enough. 

We always have a good time trick or treating with Cody, Abe and their little boys. Their street is sooo wild with treaters. The neighbors really get into it too. One guy was walking around the middle of the street in front of his house with a chain saw (the chain was off thankfully) trying to scare everyone. Cameron mentioned to me how he doesn't really like Halloween because it scares him too much. I think taking the kids with us to buy make up at the Halloween store was a mistake.





Jesse and I went to a friends house for a Halloween Party and dressed up.

BUT WAIT!  IF YOU CALL NOW....
 Jesse was Billy Mays!  He always does such a good job on his costume with the least amount of work.  Doesn't he just look exactly like him?  I was a girl from the 1940s.  I love that era of style and think of my Grandma Hewett and her classy ways.  It was a good time, but glad it's over.  Now, where to hide the candy???




3 comments:

Connie said...

Awesome! Great job with the costumes Joyce- everyone looks so good. Is that Jesse's real beard? I bet Cameron felt so cool in that great mad hatter costume. That sunset is beautiful- good ole NM skies.

John and Melodie said...

Wow everyone looks great. I cant believe you make all those. I think I would go crazy. Lol. I would have to say Camerons costume is awesome.

Anonymous said...

That was stinking hillarious! Such neat costumes, but Jesse always cracks me up! Love you Joyce,
June