Saturday, February 18, 2012

Showing my flaws...many flaws.


I'm all about showing people my flaws lately. Let's get it all out there! My house is out of control! I thought I'd take a picture of the big mess while trying to get up Christmas decorations. Usually I can get them on put up in one day, but this year it drug out way to about a week and when you mix that mess with everyday mess, you have a BIG MESS! :) One of my goals this year is to get my house in order (you can read about it on my ThriveQuickDish blog). It's going to be tough, but I'm grabbing this bull by the horns and getting my house under control! :)






OHHH the first snow!!! Am I the only one with mixed feelings about snow? The positives are...it's beautiful, everythings quiet, the kids love playing in it, and I feel the urge to get in the kitchen. The negatives....I have to bundle all the kids up (which seems to take forever)so that they'll stay outside longer than 15 minutes, it never snows hard enough to hide the mud (our mud is very clay-like which makes it very difficult to clean the boots/clothes, all the clothes and boots get dropped by the front door (MESS!), and it's super cold. Am I fickle or what! But, I'd have to say that with all of the negatives (that are mostly petty) that I'd take a good snow anyday. It is such a treat.































Bryce has really been into Super Mario ever since he played it at Jared's house and ever since I broke out our old Nintendo!! Can't beat a classic. My kids kept telling me how lucky I was to have had a Nintendo and how fun the games were. I couldn't agree more, keep things simple right. Press A or B, start or select. :) So, Bryce adorned our Christmas tree with his little Mario paper ordaments that he made.






Well, it was nice while it lasted. One day it's 25 degrees outside, the next 60. Here's Cameron and in shorts with Claire trying to enjoy the last bit of snow.






Jesse is now 37 yrs old. Ouch! ha ha. We enjoyed a nice night of family, cake and ice cream; later the guys went out to a movie. This is the second time that I've messed up Jesse's b-day cake. He requested that I make Aunt Janet's cake from her cookbook and I automatically thought of the Texas sheet cake. Turns out he wanted the "better than 'beep' cake" instead. He nicely made it known to me and I felt bad that there was a mis communication. I like things to be perfect on birthdays. Sorry honey! Next year!! Hopefully I'll get things just right by the time you turn the big 40!! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: