Monday, May 14, 2012

Bryson turns the big 10!

What can I say about Bryce....he's one interesting kid.  We've seen a change in Bryce this year.  He's starting to become competitive, but not so much with others only with himself.  It all started with skateboarding.  Pushing himself over and over to learn a new trick regardless of how many times he would bruise and re-bruise the same area. 

Bryce still loves skateboarding, but has a new love of Basketball (both he and Cameron). My boys seem to be fairly easy to get out of bed in the morning, but now their routine is, get dressed (skip the hair combing) and out the door to fit in a little basketball before school.  He always goes to school sweaty because of that and so we've finally purchased him some deodorant. Am I clueless?  I don't know when the correct age to buy deodorant is. :) There's one thing I've concluded about boys...they're stinky! ha ha   Here's a quick flashback to the years leading up to age 10.  (I've burned all of his baby years onto disk so here's age 5 and up).





We've also noticed that instead of just doodling silly pictures (which he still does, just not as often) he instead writes down math problems and quizes himself until he understands it. They're tested often at school so he's always trying to beat his last state score which I love! 

The boys finally have a few neighborhood friends to play with now.  Two boys moved in from Tucson, AZ and everyday around 4pm we get a knock at the door asking to play some B-ball with the boys.  There have been a few instances that I've noticed Bryson standing for what he believes in and it makes me proud to know that he doesn't care what other people think about him.  It seems to be working in his favor so far. ;)  It's crazy to think that in just another 10 yrs he'll be serving his mission.  It's now or never to enjoy the time we have with our kids.

For Bryce's Birthday we just celebrated with the family and then I took the siblings and one of Bryce's close friends to see Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D.  One thing about Bryce that I admire is that he doesn't take no for an answer.  He'll keep coming back to you day after day with facts and reasons why we should get this or do that.  Pretty frustrating at times, but it seems to work...how else do you think he got a skate board ramp built in his back yard?  Maybe I'll talk making Bryce do all of my "asking" for me. :)  Love you Bryce!!

No comments: