Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weekend Getaway to the Slopes

Every Feb. we take a little va-cay to Ruidoso for some fun and relaxation.  It's a treat to be around snow since we rarely see any.  In previous years we would have to go to the slopes at different times because the girls were too small to ski or snowboard,  but this year we ALL got to go at the same time because Bella and Claire were old enough to enter the kids zone. 

The first day the girls took a group lesson, but the next day Claire was ready to go out on her own and Bella was the only kid in the kids zone.  She benefited because she ended up having her own personal ski instructor for 2 hours!  She's only 3 and she's getting one on one lessons!  I couldn't get over how well she did.  I would see her while on the lift and she looks sooooo tiny skiing down the bunny slope in her little red pom pom beanie and blue jump ski bib.  She's so fearless.  It's exciting to get a glimpse of future vacations and what active things we can finally do together.

Claire, as you'll see from the video has taken to skiing as well.  She was having so much fun and didn't want the fun to end.  Watch Claire fly down the hill.

The boys stayed to their snowboards and Jesse dragged me into snowboarding by buying me a snowboard so of course I felt like I should give it another shot.  The first day I pretty much snow plowed my way down some blue trails with an occasional correct position, but on the second day Jesse MADE me try to snowboard right and that's when things really started to hurt. Check out Bryce's Snowboarding video clip.
Here's Cameron making it look easy.

My knees and bum haven't hurt that much in who knows how long.  The snow was super icy on the bunny slope so falling was no walk in the park.  Finally on my last run down I did it right.  I'm still not sure if snowboarding is right for me, but I'm not willing to give up just yet.  Just having to buckle and unbuckle my boots when getting on and off the lift is tiring.  I did feel hip though. :)  Too bad we don't have Jesse showing off his awesomeness on the snowboard. :(  Watch me give it a try.

Another activity we did was we visited the Cowboy museum which surprisingly was pretty impressive.  The kids enjoyed their cowboy camp station.  Here they are acting like kids, I mean cowboys. :)








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, amazing photos! What a sweet horse, what is his name?

Thanks,
Holiday Rentals Saas Fee