Monday, May 14, 2012

Cameron's Baptism

Isn't is funny how as a parent you're constantly reminded how fast time flies?  We shouldn't be surprised, but it's kind of like a slap in the face every time.  I remember just yesterday when it was Bryson getting baptized and now Cameron has taken that giant step.





Because of scheduling conflicts we had to push the Baptism back a month which worked out great because we were able to hold the Baptism on Easter weekend.  To me there wasn't a more perfect time.  The symbolism was so powerful.  Leading up to this day we had little talks to Cameron about baptism and what an important decision it is and how we wanted it to be his choice.  He always interrupted us and basically said, "I'm ready to do this guys!" and as we were getting the word out Cameron made it a point to invite all of his Soccer team and other kids from school and the skate park.  Well, he's already working on becoming a Missionary because a friend from the skate park came with his Grandfather.  We were so proud of him to have the courage to do that.  The day of Cameron's baptism we had some of my family (two of my sisters and my parents) come into town and I was busy making cupcakes and finger foods; making sure everything was ready.

To Cameron's surprise Ben & Connie put together a little video of best wishes and a slideshow of pictures that we were able to show while eating refreshments.  It was sooo thoughtful and Cameron wanted to watch it over and over.

On the way home I noticed Cameron looking out the window and asked him how he was feeling.  His reply was. "Mom.....I feel sooo good right now.  Like....a brand new person!"  It's been a few months since his baptism and I must say that I've noticed a change in Cameron.  In the past when he's in the wrong it's always been a struggle to make him say he's sorry, but now I've noticed that he tends to think a little bit more before he acts, says he's sorry a lot more and just in general he tries to be the peace maker.  He still has a long way to go, but it's nice that he acknowledges the Spirit trying to teach him how to choose the right.

1 comment:

Greg Sowards said...

These pictures of Bryce are so funny cause they look so much like Bryce now but so much smaller. He is really a special boy. Such an unusual and independent thinker.