Tuesday, September 8, 2009

AUGUST RUSH!!

Sorry fam that I haven't caught up on my posts lately. I have so many busy hands on projects going on that I have to force myself to sit and do this. Ok, so August started out with a trip to Wet-n-Wild in Anthony, TX. I haven't been there since I spent my 15th b-day there. :) Mom, do you remember how fun that was? ha ha) Jesse and I took the kids and split up most of the day. I stayed with the little ones and Jesse and Bryson hit the big rides. I had a great time in the wave pool. Would've sat there all day. At the end though I watched scared to death as my husband and 7 year old went down "The Screamer." Bryce may look physically tough but to me he still seems so young to go down such a scary, steep slide. It's six stories high and basically a straight shot down. But, he did it and wanted to go again. Jesse asked me if I wanted to try it and at first I immediately said "NO WAY!" But, the more I thought about it I thought, you know..I have gone bungee jumping. If I can do that then I can definitely try this slide. When we finally got to the top it was windy and it had a skinny wrap around walk way to the tower. (Not a good mixture to ease someones nerves). I made Bryce go first and he was sweet. He told me I should cross my arms, keep my legs open and don't open my eyes! I took his advice, although I couldn't help but open my eyes after coming out of the tube making my way down the straight down slide. I quickly closed them and screamed like a little girl!! I felt 10 years younger when I hit the bottom with all of the adrenaline rush that I had. It was amazing!





Jesse has been one busy "travelin" man. I think he's been gone just about every weekend except a few from one event to another. So this was Jesse & Abe's 3rd Dust Ball Rally Race. They picked up a new passenger Sam. So the three brothers ended up in Las Vegas, NV. Even with all of the hick-ups along the way, it looks like they placed first! Again! It's too bad there's no cash prizes because we would be cashing in! Anyways, the boys had a great time, but were very tired when they got home as you can imagine. When the brothers are together sleep is not a necessity. :)






1 comment:

Beth said...

I can remember the wedgies I'd get from the screamer...not the best memory! That Race thing the boys do sounds like fun. I guess now it's a tradition to do every year huh?!