Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back to School they go!

Bryce's hair looked better than that I promise. :) ha ha.

I had forgotten to take the camera with me on Cameron's first day of school which was a few days later and had to use my cell phone. I have no mini cable to hook up to my computer so that's why I haven't posted Cameron's first day. But, it's of him and his scooter all excited for his first day. I remember as we're walking to school he kept talking about how fun school was going to be, but when we got to the school grounds his face looked a bit scared and he said that the school was looking bigger to him and that maybe he could come back tomorrow. He was feeling a bit apprehensive until he hit the playground. He's also learning Spanish and is constantly telling me how FAST he can count to 20 in Spanish. (Everything Cameron does is fast!) He has yet to have any homework and hates it. I've assured him that he will be bumbarded with homework soon and it will last for a very loonnngg time.

Bryce the big 2nd grader likes his teacher Mrs. Martinez. She seems very nice and structured. He was so pumped to see all of his classmates again. (In the bilingual program they keep the same kids together year after year, so he's formed some close friendships.)

So, it's just me and my girls. I know they're enjoying the attention and we have a pretty good routine going. They usually get up with me and the boys at 6:45 am. I've set a goal to have scripture study while they eat breakfast. I'm so surprised at how it's become routine and the kids expect it. We're reading the Book of Mormon right now and will move to the Old Testament once finished. It's been a great way to start the day and I just want to thank all of you parents out there who have been such a good example to me and motivated me to do this. You know who you are. :) I truely feel like we're putting our spiritual armor on for the day when we read the scriptures.

1 comment:

Beth said...

The start of a new school year is always exciting. I'm glad the boys were so happy to go back. I bet your days will be a lot quieter and relaxed now.